Simplycycle game by Sonja Eser
When you by the game you get productcards telling you what is wrong about that product.
You are challenged to find solutions. If you don't know any or if you want to see what an expert thinks about it there are for every product card expertcards. These expertcards show how the cradle to cradle certified product looks like.
The game also has action cards and so it provides the opportunity to play the game at three levels from simple to more complex.
Guiding Principles for Playing
• There will be more than one proper answer.
• Everybody shall bring in his/her thoughts.
• Be appreciative with other ideas.
• Identify ideas that are not according to eco-effective design.
• Innovate: think of new ideas, think out of the box.
• Do not make the product a little better but good.
• Improve the quality of live – of all species !
RULES IN A NUTSHELL
1. Take an action card.
2. Take a product card.
3. Discuss, alter the product if necessary. Mind the Guiding Principles.
4a. Task has been solved: put product on the cycle field (green for biological nutrient, blue for technical nutrient). Move one step forward on the scale.
4b. Task has not been solved: put the product on the field ‘waste’ (black field). Move two steps back on the scale. Or: you can use a joker and buy one expert card.
5. If you step on a white marked field on the scale take a cycle card.6. In Level 1 and 2 play for max. twelve product cards each. In Level 3 for six product cards.
Licence rulesThe game is deveolped by Sonja Eser. She has the copy right on the game.
You can order the game at
The game will be translated in serval languages.
The Dutch game can be ordered at
Koning Willem I College
t.a.v. Rob de Vrind
5233 GW 's-Hertogenbosch